With the blessings of His Grace Bishop Longin and based on a decision of a Special Assembly of the Holy Resurrection Serbian Orthodox Cathedral Church-School Congregation, the Board of Trustees of Saint Sava Academy signed a contract in February 2017 to buy a building at 1695 S. River Road in Des Plaines, Illinois, to allow for further growth in enrollment and expansion of educational programs at this unique, dual-language school.
Features of the new facility:
- 18,200 sq. feet (1,691 sq. meters) of useable classroom and administrative space
- 2.04 acres (0.83 hectare) of land
- Preschool & Kindergarten classrooms to feature modern, child-friendly facilities
- On-site student Chapel dedicated to Saint Sava for Divine Services and prayer
- Playground and green space for outdoor activities
- Ample parking for staff, parents and visitors
Be a part of this historic effort by helping us out today!
Gallery of Building Exterior and Grounds:
Gallery of Building current interior (subject to renovation for school use):